Sunday 17 March 2013

Sorolla









































Today I went to La Casa Sorolla which is the main museum for JoaquĆ­n Sorolla's paintings. He is a Spanish painter and this museum is actually what used to be his house. I'd seen larger exhibits of his work, and though his paintings are beautiful, I must say I enjoyed the visit mostly because of the house itself. Such wonderful detail was put into the decorations, you actually feel like you're wandering around the artist's house while he's making tea or something. Here are a few photos of the paintings and the house, including the garden, which is gorgeous, and basis for a lot of his works. I've been going to a lot of exhibits and things lately, and it makes me feel really accomplished. Tomorrow hopefully I'll be going to another one with a friend of mine, these are the best plans. I hope you enjoyed! xx

3 comments:

  1. wow, very nice *_*your blog is very lovely and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog, too <3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other???
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorolla is an amazing place and he was a great artist!

    ReplyDelete