Sunday 7 April 2013

Jean-Charles Castelbajac F/W 2013

Jean-Charles Castelbajac F/W 2013

Jean-Charles Castelbajac F/W 2013
So if you know me, or have read this blog at all, my love for the Pre-Raphaelites and Romanticism will be evident (this post reflects my love for Ophelia from Hamlet quite nicely, and also, my banner...?). And when my lovely friend Sofía was delightful enough to tweet me THIS, I actually died. So it took me a week to look into this collection, but I finally did. And well... *SIGH* This collection is stunning as a whole but I have definitely become obsessed with the prints, mostly because they include my favorite painting, 'Ophelia' by John Everett Millais.  I am a big fan of reflecting/mirroring images, and it's a technique (for lack of a better word) I use in my presentation dossiers for class all the time, because it gives dimension and a different light to a photograph or painting otherwise perhaps too unexciting. Some of the other prints in the collection are mirrored and are as beautiful, featuring beautiful paintings as well.
Jean-Charles Castelbajac F/W 2013
Also can we talk about this amazing dress and how it reminds me of Fantastic Mr. Fox? And don't we all need some Wes Anderson in our lives? Thought so.

To see the full collection you click here (where I got the photos, too)!

I hope you find this as wonderfully inspiring as I did. It's been two days in a row with inspiration, I hope you're happy, because it makes me happy to find beautiful things like this. Also my friend Sofía who kindly introduced me to this beauty has a blog she hasn't updated in a while but is wonderful nonetheless, check it out HERE. Thanks for reading, and hope you enjoyed!   

No comments:

Post a Comment